Thursday, May 23, 2013

White Hot Heat Mani #3...Birdman! Birdman! ...Nails!

Hello, everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. It's silly, really. The main reason as to what has been taking me so long to come up with a new post is because I was dealing with one nail art fail after another...LOL. One of my dear nail friends sent me a nail art package out of total kindness, with stamping plates, feathers, and studs; so I can get started with using stuff like that. When I say it took me forever to get the whole stamping thing down, I really mean it...how's nearly 20 tries for ya? Let's just say that after a few pointers from my friend and other nail buddies of mine, I was extremely happy with the almost-perfect result I got in the photos below. The frustration I was dealing with had to do with this cute little flame basketball design you will see on my index finger. Considering the amount of tries it took me to get to that point, I was happy to keep it. Using the "Plastic baggy method" I managed to place the image closer to where I wanted it. Anyways, here's my next Miami Heat mani just in time for game two of the Eastern Conference Finals. I decided to do a Chris Andersen (AKA Birdman) - inspired mani using the feathers and basketball image. I hope you like it!


As a base, I used two coats of ManGlaze Mayo, followed by one coat of Nicole by OPI All about the Glam. I used a thick black polish for the basketball stamp, and free-handed the number on my pinkie nail.



Well, there is my very first somewhat successful nail art attempt. I have to say that despite the imperfections, I'm quite happy with it. It's all about team spirit, and I am sure you can see that here. Stay tuned for any more nail art manis I will have in the future. Thanks for taking a look! Go Heat!

                                                                        - Tiff

3 comments:

  1. I love that you used the feathers for Birdman! So clever =) This mani is awesome and I'm glad you didn't give up on stamping <3 Go Heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, ladies! And thanks for the goodies Jess :)

    ReplyDelete