Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sally Hansen Salon Effects in "Stripe-Tease" with nail art

Hi, everyone!

I hope your week is off to a great start. Today I have a really quick nail art post to show you, featuring some Sally Hansen nail polish strips that I picked up at CVS a while ago. I stopped into a CVS store one day and saw that there were quite a few Sally Hansen products on clearance, so I snagged a handful of Salon Effects (my favorite product of theirs). Among my mini haul were these super cute red and black striped polish strips in "Stripe-Tease" that I thought would be fun to use. After I applied them the other day, I thought it would be a good idea to jazz them up a bit, so I added some glitter to the tips of each nail, and drew a little anchor with a white nail art pen (also from Sally Hansen). The red and black stripes made me think nautical, so I thought an anchor would add the perfect touch! Take a look at the pics below to see how it all turned out! :) 










The glitter that I used is from a nail polish set I found from The New Black, and there are quite a few TJ Maxx stores that have them on clearance (normally anywhere from $15-$25 regular priced). I would check them out if you have any TJ Maxx stores near you, and if you've been wanting to try The New Black polishes. As for the Salon Effects, "Stripe-Tease" is one of Sally Hansen's older designs, so you may not find these exact ones these days. They have many current designs to choose from, and you can find them at any place that sells Sally Hansen products. If you're fairly good at nail art, you can easily pull off a similar look with nail polish and striping tools; like many others out there.

So, what do you think? I'm glad I decided to add some more details to this mani. I think it came out quite good :) See ya next time!

Tiff 

1 comment: