Thursday, November 15, 2012

A-England Tess D'Urbervilles



Hi Polish lovers!

Today I have another quick post for you to look at. Here I am wearing a polish from an English brand called A-England. This brand was created by fellow polish and cat lover Adina, and she has some pretty amazing shades in her line-up to choose from. I have quite a few polishes from her, maybe five or six, and I have to say that I love them all. I will have to wear these polishes again and take pics of them, just for you to see what I'm talking about. Adina's latest collection is called "Gothic Beauties", and I have the shade "Tess D'Urbervilles" (not sure how to pronounce that one...lol) in the photos below.


"Tess" is a blackened green base with brighter green shimmer. As you can see, this shade can look black in doors. I was out to dinner with my family the other night, wearing this color, and the moms thought I had on black. No, mom...it's really green! lol.



In sunlight, the green aspect of "Tess" is much more noticeable. I love the shimmer she has!



As far as the formula, it was great. It was a little thick for me, but not so much that I was wanting to put polish thinner in it. I think the thickness of it is what sustains the sparkles and makes them more noticeable against the nearly black base. I did two coats of "Tess", followed by Seche "Vite" top coat (which is one amazing quick-dry top coat!). I ended up really loving this shade, and I can't wait to continue to add more A-Englands to my collection. You could order these directly from Adina at the A-England website, or from a supplier here in the states from shop llarowe owned by Leah Ann Larowe. Hope you enjoyed taking a look!

- Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment