Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sally Hansen InstaGel Strips in "Faux Real"


Hello everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA lately. As some of you may know, my baby (6'4",18 yr old) brother is a senior this year, and he's playing some of his last high school basketball games. This year has gone by way too fast for me, and I've just been trying to make these final moments last as long as possible. We don't know where he'll be next year as of yet, but I'm sure he'll be going off somewhere sooner than I can get my head around. My little brother has always been my "baby", and I'll always be the big sister that spoils him and gets him whatever he wants. He is a cutie, after all...lol. Anyways, I'm back, and ready to talk more nails stuff.

I got a set of Sally Hansen InstaGel strips in "Faux Real" design as a Christmas gift, and I finally got around to using them. The application process is the same as when applying the regular Salon Effects strips, except you follow up with using the gel coat and curing the mani with their led lamp. I picked up a mini led lamp from Ulta with a coupon I had, and went to work on applying them. Everyone wants to know how long these last, as Sally Hansen advertises them as lasting up to two weeks. Lets see just how well they worked on me, shall we?


I absolutely love the animal print mixed with the neutral colors. It is definitely work-appropriate. I thought, and was hoping that these were tiger stripes, as I'm a fan of the big cats, but it became obvious by my nail buddies that these are more like zebra stripes.  Hey, they're still pretty! Maybe they'll make a true tiger stripe design in the future. Anyways, this is what they looked like right after applying them, in this photo and the one below.




Okay...Here we go with what most people wanted to find out about these. This is what the strips looked like after a week. The chipping wasn't too bad, but it was enough for me to want to remove them. I honestly was expecting to only get a week out of these, as I'm a working girl, and use my hands a lot.


In the end, as a nail strips lover, I am glad I made the choice to give these a try. I have seen very mixed reviews on these. Some I have seen get as much time out of them as I have, and even a couple of people claimed they got only a day out of them; which made me worrisome at first. I think if you follow the directions and take your time when applying these (emphasis on taking your time), you should get a decent amount of wear with them. Two weeks? I don't know about that, but definitely more than a day or so if you truly take your time with the application. I plan on using them again in the future. My mini led lamp came with a set of strips ("Wine Not" color) that I'm sure I'll put to good use. Have you guys tried these before? What was your experience with them?  I'll see you guys again real soon. Baby brother's last high school basketball tournament is this weekend in Lakeland, Fl, and you can bet I'll be there cheering him on! <3
   
                                                               - Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment