Sunday, February 3, 2013

OPI & Mariah Carey Liquid Sand



Happy Superbowl Sunday!


A few weeks ago, I went to my local beauty supply store and picked up the OPI Mariah Carey Liquid Sand Mini Set. There were other colors I was really wanting to get, but I made myself walk out the store with just these. It felt good and not so good at the same time...lol... the life of a nail polish addict. Anyways, here are some pics of the Liquid Sand Minis.

Can't Let Go- I really like this one. I have to admit that the main reason why I decided to wear this one first is because "Can't Let Go" is my favorite Mariah Carey song ;). I'm normally not a big purple fan, but I've been giving it more of a chance lately. This is two coats of the polish, here.

Stay The Night- I like the contrast between the red and black glitters here. This polish would be perfect for a fun night out to a concert or hanging out with your friends ;) Again, I have two coats of polish on in this pic.

The Impossible- There are two versions of this polish. If you buy the polish that comes in the regular sized bottle, you'll get exactly what you see here, but with star glitters in it. If you get the mini set like I did, you will get what you see here. If you're really wanting the star glitters, I would recommend getting the larger bottle as there is no way they would fit in the mini bottle. I had a feeling the stars would be missing when I bought the minis, but I still like how the color looks on me. This is two coats here.

Get Your Number- This one is one of my favorites of the bunch. The formula of this one is more on the jelly-ish side, which I didn't mind at all. I used two thicker coats here to make it more opaque. I love the holographic glitter against the blue base.

Overall, I'm glad I decided to pick these up. I thought I might have needed some time to get used to the sand-like texture of these, but I was wrong. They really are not as gritty as I was expecting them to be. I  prefer this texture over the caviar mani trend that still seems to be present. As far as the formula of these, I thought they worked well; not too thick, and not too thin. I pretty much used two coats for all of them, and thicker coats for Get Your Number. They do take a bit of time to dry, though. I definitely plan on getting larger bottles of a couple of these because I loved the colors. What do you guys think of these?

- Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment