Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nail Fraud "Wild Thing"

Hi guys,

I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by. How is it already almost July? And how is it already recital time this Saturday? Good thing I've got all this nail stuff to lessen the stress and have something fun for myself to do every once in a while. One of my nail buddies, Destany from Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom, sent me a super sweet package of nail appliques. One of them was "Wild Thing" from Nail Fraud. Here is how they came out on me.



I have used Nail Fraud polish strips once before. Like I mentioned in that post, the design was adorable, but there was something funky about the formulation of them. They bubbled up immediately after I applied a thin coat of top coat. This time around, I decided to try applying gel top coat and curing them with my Sally Hansen mini led lamp. I'm not sure if you could tell from the photos above, but they came out super smooth and shiny. I got so many compliments on them at work the following day, and I couldn't stop staring at my nails wondering why I didn't try this the first go round. I was super happy with them...until I took a nice hot shower that night and noticed that a couple of the strips started to peel afterwards. WTH!!! So after all of that effort and excitement, and the intent of wearing them for at least five days, I got only one day out of them. Such a disappointment, and so unexpected. *Sigh* At least I got to wear them for a whole 24 hours...LOL. I have one more pack of Nail Fraud strips left over, but after that, I'm not sure I'll be putting much money towards getting more. As I mentioned in my previous Nail Fraud post, I am not sure what is going on with the company. Their website is still up, with three or four designs to choose from, and their Facebook page has not had much activity on it. I was desperately on the hunt for their Ethnic print strips, and may possibly still want them if I can find them in a blog sale or what not. Let me know if any of you find them before I do, because I do really love a tribal-looking design. Well, that does it for this post. Thanks to my nail friend Destany for the nail appliques, and look out for more that I got from her soon! :)

                                                                        - Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment