Thursday, August 29, 2013

MJ week post # 4

Hello everyone!

Well, today is the day that is the center of MJ week here on my blog: his birthday. I really wanted to remember him on what would have been his 55th birthday in a special way. With all of the negative press surrounding his personal and family life right now, I wanted to remember him for the amazing and inspiring artist he was. For the past few days, me and my fellow nail blogger friends have been spreading the word about what I wanted to try on Instagram, in having as many nail fans as possible post pictures of a manicure with a silver glitter bomb accent (to represent the glove he wore) today. Well, here's how mine came out below! I was kind of hard on myself with my previous post, but I have to say that I really love how this one came out! 



The polishes I used are A-England "Bridal Veil" (black holographic base), Finger Paints "Red-Aissance", and OPI "Crown me already" and Khroma Beauty "Crush Coup de Cour" over a white base for the glitter bomb accent. The studs are from the Born Pretty Store.






If Michael is "looking down" on us and our nails right now, I think that he would be happy. I may be a newbie blogger at the moment (I haven't even been on here for a year yet), but I wanted to take the time to thank my nail blogger friends Lakiesha (Refined and Polished) and Jess (LuvMyLacquer) for being so awesome with encouraging me to do this and spreading the word amongst their blog viewers as well. What do you guys think of this whole idea? What are you doing to remember the King of Pop today? I'm teaching my tap classes today at the studio, and his music will definitely be playing! I'll see you tomorrow for my last post of MJ week! Thanks for taking a look!

                                                                            -Tiff 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the beautiful nails expressing love for MJ, a talent this world was fortunate to see and no one has come close to duplicating. I saw him perform as little Michael with the Jackson 5, and later with his brother's Destiny tour, the ultimate performer. You have done a great job matching the essence of his costumes in your nail designs. Happy Birthday MJ, R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete