Happy Monday! I have been blogging for a little over a year now, and thought it would be cool to step out of my box a little bit for this post. People have commented on my nail wraps manis, and wondered how I get mine on so neatly. I don't think I'm an expert in applying nail wraps at all, but I am a huge fan of them and use them every week. I decided it's about time I put together a little pictorial on how I put my nail appliques on. Below, you will see my step-by-step guide on my method of applying nail wraps, and hopefully it'll help you give them a try if you haven't already. The nail wraps in the pics are from Scratch's collaboration with fashion blogger, Mara Ferreira, called "M Loves Floral".
1. Gather all of your supplies: I use base coat, top coat, an orange stick (most, if not all nail wraps/appliques come with one), nail file, and a cuticle nipper.
2. Apply base coat to all of your nails, let dry.
3. Once base coat has dried, gently take the nail wraps out of their package.
4. This is probably the most important step- choosing the appropriate size nail wraps for each nail. I tend to go for one that is a hair smaller than my actual nail, but with everyone's nail shape being different, this can be tricky. You'll see why I try to go this route at step #12.
5. Place the nail wrap near the cuticle area (you don't want too much space between the cuticle area and the nail wrap because it will look like nail growth if you do) and press and smooth down.
6. Smooth out any left over wrinkles or parts of the wrap that are not completely adhered to the nail with the orange stick.
7. I like to cut off the extra nail wrap using the cuticle nipper, rather than jumping ahead to filing it off. I feel this helps to keep from filing off too much.
8. Fold what is left over on the edge of the nail, pressing and smoothing it out.
9. File the fold off in a gentle DOWNWARD motion.
10. Apply your favorite top coat, and let dry!
11. I normally wait until I apply all of my nail wraps before I put on some top coat, but if you're more of a one nail at a time person, that's ok too! In this picture, I am continuing on with the rest of my nails, choosing the best size nail wrap possible.
12. I really wanted to show you all this because, here, I accidentally applied a nail wrap that is too big for my nail. No problem! That's why I feel a cuticle nipper is one of the most important tools in putting together a nail wraps mani. I easily, and carefully, nipped away the extra nail wrap and kept on going!
Well, there ya go... My very first pictorial. I have to say I am quite happy with how it came out! I really hope this was helpful for at least one of my readers. If that ends up being true, then my mission with this is accomplished!
As some of you may already know, I am a subscriber to Scratch's Monthly Mani Box. Click here for more information on how you can become one, or how you can purchase individual nail wraps from them. Thanks for checking out this post, and I'll see ya with a new one in a couple of days! See ya then!