Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Moon Sugar Decals and Holographic Mani

Hello!

I am back! If you follow me on Facebook, I mentioned the other day that I have been super sick all this past week. There must be a bug going around here in Miami, because most people I know (especially at work) have been fighting off what I am finally getting over! Now that I'm better, I wanted to show you the mani I would have posted a few days ago had I not been ill. 

I had been eyeing sugar skull water slide nail decals for quite a while, and found these super cute ones from Moon Sugar Decals. I thought they would look cool over some holographic nail polish, so I decided to use OPI DS "Amethyst" (an oldie, but goodie and super HTF) and Glitter Gal "Dark Purple" holo; with some pink stripes drawn in with a Sally Hansen nail art pen.












Now, if you decide to order these adorable nail decals, READ the directions first. I had originally painted my nails with pink and purple holos that were a few shades darker than what I'm wearing above. As the instructions say, these decals are not printed on white ink, so in order for them to be visible on the nail,it is recommended to use them over LIGHT colors. I was all too excited to even bother reading the instructions when I attempted over my first color choices, as I've used water slide decals many times before, and ended up disappointed. Because I was determined to use holographic polishes, I was glad I had "Amethyst" in my stash. I'm happy with the end result, and feel that the skulls can be seen quite well! 

What do you think of this look? Are you a fan of the sugar skull look? If you want to give Moon Sugar Decals a try, check them out here. Also, I grabbed my Sally Hansen nail art pen from CVS, but you can also find them anywhere Sally Hansen products are sold. I hope you liked this post, and I'll see ya next time! :) 

- Tiff 

1 comment: