Monday, December 3, 2012

Essence Twilight Breaking Dawn part 2 collection

Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really sick these past few days. There's been a bug going around here in Miami, and it finally caught up with me. I'm feeling a bit better now, so here are the polishes I wore last week.

A couple of weeks ago I had the urge to take a little trip to my nearest Ulta store to use one of the coupons they sent me in the mail. I almost walked out of the store empty handed until I passed a cute little display of beauty products from Essence inspired by the latest Twilight movie. I've never been a Twilight fan. I saw one of the movies, and that was enough for me. The polishes on the display however, were much too cute to pass up, and at only $1.99 each, I had to snag all four of the colors and a nice red lip gloss too that was around $2.49  ;). I don't like to "swatch" polishes; I like to wear them as a mani for a full day at least before I change colors. Maybe I'll become a swatcher further down the road. Here is how I wore the colors last week!



Jacob's Protection: This super dark blue is pretty, but the formula gave me some trouble. What you see here is actually my second attempt at making the polish go on right. The formula is super thick, and a bit hard to get on evenly. I put a couple of thinner drops in the bottle before giving it a second try, and did it for the rest of the darker polishes as a precaution.
In sunlight...
I love the blue sparkle and how it shows in brighter lighting!

Alice had a Vision- Again: This is the same concept as the polish above, but with mostly purple sparkles. There is also some blue to it, which can be seen in the sunlight pics below.

ooohhh!!!! ;)
Edward's Love: Cute name if you're a Twilight fan...lol. This polish is also similar in concept to the first two polishes, but with silver shimmer/sparkles in it. This one gave me the least trouble formula wise out of the three dark polishes, as it wasn't as thick before I added thinner to it. Out of all of the darker polishes, I would probably have to say that Jacob's Protection is my favorite. I'm a sucker for blues.





A Piece of Forever: I almost left this polish behind at Ulta. It just wasn't speaking to me that much in the bottle. The main reason as to why I grabbed this one was because of the price and the fact that I wanted to feature the whole collection on my blog. It turned out that after applying this color, I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. This is a yellow gold metallic polish. The formula was quite good, and I wouldn't consider this one too brush-strokey... I can see my self wearing this one again.




Overall, I am glad I decided to take these polishes home. The formula of the dark polishes was troublesome at first, but it was nothing a couple of drops of nail polish thinner can't fix. These retail for $1.99 at Ulta, and the Essence Twilight display has other nice makeup products that I would recommend taking a look at. What do you guys think of these? Should I give the Twilight movies another shot? lol...ttyl!

Tiff









No comments:

Post a Comment