I have a new nail polish strips post to show you from a new brand today. A couple of weeks ago, one of my nail blogger friends forwarded me an email from OMG Nail Strips, looking for additional bloggers to post reviews on their product. I was so excited to hear about a new nail strips company, that I had to join in. The owner of the company was nice enough to send me a set of these adorable nail polish strips in a blue leopard design, and here's how they came out on me below!
Cute, right? Here are the company's instructions on how to apply them:
- Soak your hands in warm water for 5 minutes. Dry hands, then gently push back cuticles. Carefully remove any excess skin around the nail bed.
- Moisturize your hands with lotion, and wait 1 minute.
- Using a Q-tip, remove any leftover lotion from the nail bed, paying special attention to the sidewalls, cuticle area and tip of the fingernail.
- Select the appropriate sized nail strip for each nail to ensure the nail will be covered from sidewall to sidewall. Using a nail strip that is too large for a particular nail is not recommended; rather, trim the strip the scissors to the appropriate width.
- Peel off the clear coating, and then carefully remove the nail polish strip from the sticker backing,
- Start by placing whichever end on the nail strip that works better for your nails at the cuticle and apply it by smoother the strip towards the tip and your nail, smoothing out and bumps and ensuring the strip is tucked neatly into the sidewalls.
- File away any excess nail strip by holding your nail file parallel to the surface you are working on, as filing the nail perpendicularly will cause tearing along the tip.
- After you have applied all ten polish strips, take a cotton ball the has been dipped in polish removed with the excess remover wrung out, and swipe each nail 1-3 times, paying special attention to the sidewalls, tips and cuticle area. This step is especially important, as it melts the strip to your nails, allowing for longer lasting wear.
- Apply a finishing topcoat, and wait 5 minutes for it to dry completely.
I absolutely loved these blue leopard strips, and I have been visiting the OMG Nail Strips website quite often within the past few days; trying to decide which ones I want to add to my stash next. I really like how they have many designs to choose from, different from what you see coming from main stream brands out there. In addition to the fun designs they offer, OMG Nail Strips offer them at such a great price. They are less than $7 a set, and they are currently running an amazing 4 for $20 and 10 for $45 promotion!I totally recommend you give them a try! OMG is also on Facebook :) What do you guys think about my blue leopard nails? See ya next time!