Monday, January 6, 2014

Incoco "Lemon Fizz" with glitter dot nail art

Hi!

Today I have a post for you that was a bit frustrating to put together. My lovely new camera was giving me lots of trouble when I attempted to take photos of the mani you'll see below. "Lemon Fizz" by Incoco is a bright, sunny yellow nail polish applique that was given to me by a nail buddy in a secret gift swap.They applied great, as usual, but I was so bummed when my camera refused to cooperate. Anyways, I had to break out my iPhone to get not very detailed, but more color-accurate photos. I hope they're not too bad! My nail friend also sent me some "glitter nail tattoos", which I had never used before until now. I thought the combination of the two came out pretty cool. Check it out :)





                                                     



The glitter nail tattoos, I thought were interesting...lol. I read the instructions a few times, but was still hoping to find a video tutorial on how to apply these, as I'm more of a visual learner. There weren't any out there, but I can assure you that these are super easy if you want to try them out. I would say that they're similar to applying Elmer's glue to your nails with a dotting tool, and sprinkling on the glitter while the glue is still wet. As a matter of fact, that might be the better way to do something like this, as I wouldn't say my dots came out perfect above. You could also use a dotting tool with glitter nail polish, as I'm sure you've seen other nail artists do. Well, this was a learning experience for me, wasn't it?! ;)

If you haven't tried Incoco nail polish strips yet, check out their website, where you can find solid colors like "Lemon Fizz" and tons of cool nail designs.

What do you think about how my nails came out? I am going to try to do something like this again down the road, once I finally get myself some dotting tools (yes, I know, I'm slacking big time on that). I will see you next time with a new post with what I'm thinking will be nail polish appliques week for me. I have lots of amazing nail polish apps in my stash that I am anxious to show you! I want to get them on my nails, stat! Have a great Monday!


- Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment