Friday, April 12, 2013

NerdLacquer "TDBSLWCHSHITD"

Hi, polish lovers!

Today I have a quick post featuring a polish from one of the most sought after indie brands ever, NerdLacquer. During one of her latest restocks, I was lucky enough (and I do mean lucky) to grab three out of the four colors I have been dying to get from Amanda (the creator of NL). I got "cart-jacked" and one of my back-up choices magically appeared in place of the polish I really wanted. Don't get me wrong, I am very glad I was able to get the ones I got, considering she always sells out in a matter of seconds...yes, SECONDS. I am hopeful that I will get the one I am stalking NL for during the next restock, which is supposed to happen some time this month. Follow her google + page for updates. Anyways, here's one of the polishes I was able to snag, in "TDBSLWCHSHITD". For those of you who did not get into the Lord of the Rings films and books, that stands for "The Dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark".


Amanda describes this shade as a "soft gold-flecked spring green of Lothlorien. A sunny green shimmer plus loads of white, golden, and leaf-green glitter on your fingertips [that] will make you feel like you're in Galadriel's own garden...with a snotty elf making snide remarks about your lack of intrusion skills". Ha! Being that I am a huge LOTR fan, I absolutely love this polish and the name! I used two coats of the polish, followed by one coat of Gelous and "Out the Door" topcoat.



So, I am super happy that someone finally made a LOTR-related polish. The LOTR nerd in me is almost completely satisfied... I was also able to grab "The Ring" from the LOTR series Amanda created, but didn't move quick enough to get "The Eye" also. If I can get that one during her next restock, my LOTR polish collection will be complete, and I will be jumping for joy!... No judging me, please...lol. I will have a post featuring "The Ring" in my next post, and then the backup polish "Hyperspace Bypass" next. For those who are curious about the name "TDBSLWCHSHITD" and where that line came from, here's the best link I could find on Youtube of the scene. I'll see ya next time!
                                                                      -Tiff
                          
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment