Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Layla Holos!

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been sort of M.I.A. I have had a very busy few days since my last post. Anyways, what better way to make up for that than with some awesome holos? Here are some Layla Hologram Effect polishes I was able to grab on clearance at Ulta (Which makes it all so much better...) a few weeks ago.


Ultra Violet: A vibrant purple holo. This one may be a great option for those who are not able to get their hands on the very popular OPI DS Original. This is two coats.



Jade Groove: A light, sea foam green holo. This one ended up being a little too delicate for me. It's pretty, but when I think off holos, I prefer intense and vibrant. Perhaps this would be an appropriate holo to wear to work. I used three coats for this one.

 

Flash Black: This one is my favorite of the bunch. I couldn't stop looking at my nails when I was outside in the sunlight. This was just two coats.


If you have used these holos or any holos that tend to go on very streaky before, you're probably wondering how I was able to pull off these polishes in just two or three coats. Have you ever heard of a thing called "aqua base"? Well, it is definitely something you will need if you're wanting to use Layla and NFU-Oh holographics. I'm not sure what it is about the formula of some holos that make them go on so streaky and uneven, and how aqua base coats fix it. All I know is that aqua bases work. I found an aqua base by the brand FNUG on llarowe, and as you can see in the photos, it helps. I highly recommend it. How do you like these holos? Were you lucky enough to find these marked down at an Ulta like me? See ya next time!

                                                                     -Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment